It's a Lifestyle!


Hey, it's Katie Ann! This is my first experience with a blog but thought I would see how this works to not only keep a sort of workout and nutrition diary for myself, but to also use it to share information and tips that work for me with my friends!

I'm a Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant and no matter how long it takes, I will continue to pursue my degree, most likely in Dietetics and Nutritional Management. In the meantime, I'm currently studying for my Personal Trainer Certification which I should complete in the next couple of months and will be all too happy to spend my workdays in the gym. Nutrition and exercise are definitely my passion and main interests, so that's why I decided to make them my career pursuit as well! I have several areas of focus that I'm interested in! Since so many of my friends are having babies, I'm very interested in Pre- and Post Natal fitness and nutrition but also do alot of reading about and have great interest in sports performance training and youth fitness. I want to learn it all!! I also LOVE group fitness classes such as pilates, kickboxing, and spinning and hope to be teaching some of those soon as well!

I'm sort of obsessive compulsive about keeping track of my workouts and diet. I have a spiral-bound diary that I write my workouts and meals in everyday. I love to challenge myself and try new workouts and the diary helps me keep track of my results. I buy lots of fitness and nutrition books and magazines and have tons of articles and recipes cut out or flagged. The idea to do this blog came from so many of my friends that have called, texted, or e-mailed me asking for advice and tips with their workouts and diets... I figured this would be a great way to share more of the info that I read and find with my friends. I have lots of ideas so there will be much more to come...stay tuned! :)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Celeb Diets & Workouts: Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez spinning!

One of my favorite interests has been celebrity diets and workouts. Jennifer Lopez has always been an inspiration with her amazing figure! She is not one of those too skinny girls, but one that likes to show-off her curves. She has always been proud of her body in her sheer gowns at awards, or even when she was pregnant with twins. I got her workout and diet out of People Magazine a few months ago:

The article claimed that Lopez shed her 50 pound baby weight with a meal-delivery service Freshology where she ate small portions and cut back on sugar and bread. Her diet includes blueberry pancakes with turkey sausage for breakfast. Pan-seared white fish with veggies for lunch. Black pepper and balsamic glazed pork chops with Brussels sprouts for dinner. And even likes fresh mozzarella cheese salads with cherry tomatoes, mixed peppers, and black olives as a snack.

Her workouts consist of 60-minute workouts up to four days a week with her personal trainer Gunnar Peterson to keep here 5'5" figure in shape. She is a runner,but also likes to box and hit the Stair Master. But gets a lot of her cardio from lateral side shuffles and squats walking backward--all on the treadmill on an incline!!! She gets her strength training from lunges and squats. But her fab-abs come from three sets of up to 100 bicycle crunches.

As you can see, she works hard to stay in shape. But not all of us have photo shoots, movies, premiers, and more to keep us motivated. So find something like a holiday party, a date, or maybe just seeing an old friend to give you that inspiration you need to work hard at the gym. It will pay off, and then you will be shining with happiness and confidence that everyone will admire! :)

Jennifer Lopez Post Twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment